Pizzas are as irresistible as they can be unhealthy. I thought of replacing the key ingredient used in the pizza base; i.e. replacing Maida or Plain flour with whole wheat. Besides the topping I have used, you may also add the ones you like; for example: tomatoes or corn. I have baked the pizza in oven but you can do the same in a microwave (convection mode: 200 degrees for 20 minutes). Let’s see the method.
For Pizza base
Whole wheat flour: 3 cups
Yeast: 1 Tbsp
Sugar: 1 Tsp
Milk powder: 2 Tsp
Butter: 1 Tbsp
Salt: 1 tsp or to taste
For Pizza Topping
Capsicum: 1 cup sliced or roughly chopped
Onions: 1 cup sliced
Mushrooms: 1 cup
Olives: 1/2 cup
Tomato Ketchup: as required
Oregano: as required
Grated Cheese as per your requirement
- For the dough, add flour, milk powder, salt, yeast and sugar and knead well. Keep the dough aside for proofing for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes your dough is ready to be rolled our into thin crusts of pizza.
2. Once rolled, with a fork or knife pierce the surface of the base so that it does not rise while being baked. I have placed the base on the oven tray right at the beginning, so that when I top it up, it would not be difficult to place it in the oven tray.
3. We can now begin topping it with the ingredients of our choice.
4. I have used the common ketchup we get locally in markets. You may alternate it with pizza sauce.
5. The tray goes into the oven for baking at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Here it is after being there!
You may shape the pizza the way you like.