Easy, delicious and low on time-consumption: defines this recipe. You can make it as an accompaniment for the morning breakfast or for a kitty party. Your friends are going to love this.
Besan/ Gram Flour: 2 cups
Hara Dhania/ Kothmir/ Kothimbir/ Coriander leaves: finely chopped 1 cup
Curd: 2 Tbsps (Optional)
Turmeric: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp
Hing/ Asafoetida: a pinch
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Green chili: 1 (slit)
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt: to taste
Sugar: 1 tbsp (Optional)
Oil to fry
Water: to make the batter/ paste
- Make a pouring consistency batter of besan and water. (For 2 cups of Besan, I added roughly 6 cups of water)
2. In a pan or kadhai, heat 3-4 tsps of oil and add all masalas and green chili.
3. Once the tempering is done, add the besan mixture, stirring continuosly.
4. Add the star of the recipe, the coriander leaves and keep stirring.
5. Keep stirring till you get a paste of a thick consistency as shown.
6. Turn of the gas and grease a flat tray. Spread out the mixture and let it rest for 30 minutes or till it cools down.
7. After it cools, cut out pieces from it. Heat oil for frying.
8. Fry the cut pieces in medium hot oil for 3-4 minutes. You would see crisp brown edges of the pieces. Yumm! 🙂
9. Serve hot.