Nankhatai is a sweet snack and loved by many. One reason to avoid this snack is that it is too rich in fat. There’s a lot of ghee and butter that goes into the making of nankhatai. However, this does not deter me from having this amazing sweet snack which just melts into the mouth.
Maida: 150 gms
Ghee: 40 gms
Butter: 75 gms
Powdered Sugar: 75 gms
Milk Powder: 15 gms
- Add Maida, Powdered sugar, butter and ghee and give a good whisk. You may use hand blender.
2. Once all the ingredients are mixed well, make small roundels and place them on a baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, make a shape on the nankhatai roundels.
3. In goes the sheet for baking for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
4. Keep checking at regular intervals for the right color.
5. Now, this is a small silly experiment I did on my nankhatais. I painted them in green as shown. 😛