Hi dear friends,
On this page, I am sharing a simple, instant and a nutrient-packed recipe. This recipe is not only easy to make but what impressed me is the minimal amount of time required to prepare this ragi dosa. It is agreat recipe if you have an early morning office or have to see off kids to school.
I reached this recipe because of my curiosity and my quest to make a power-packed breakfast which could be made in a matter of minutes. That’s when I gathered these ingredients and ended up with this awesome recipe. Awesome because of the nutritional ingredients going into. Have a look:
Ragi flour: 1 cup
Besan (chickpea flour): 1/4 cup
Rice Flour: 1/4 cup
Buttermilk: 1 glass or 150 ml
Haldi/turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Mirchi/ red chili powder: 1 tsp (add according to taste)
Dhaniya/ coriander powder: 2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Salt: per the taste
Garlic powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
Soda: 2 pinch or 1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1 tsp (optional)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
1. Put all 3 flours in a bowl.
2. Add to these, the masalas and other dry ingredients.
3. Add buttermilk gradually and keep mixing while you add it. I had forgotten to add sugar. You may add it in an earlier stage. Make a batter of thin and pouring consistency; not too watery but a bit thinner than the idli batter.
4. Your batter is ready for preparing out dosas. On a medium heated pan, pour the batter as you normally do with the white batter.
5. Flip upside down when you spot these bubbles on your dosa but do not rush as the ragi dosa takes a bit longer to cook. On each side, roughly 2-3 minutes.
6. Once cooked for a total of 4-5 minutes, your nutritious Ragi dosa is ready to be served. Serve optionally with coconut chutney or have it just like that.